Taking the Catholic Pulse
- Impossible to ignore Pope’s growing Jewish problem: Last Week in the Church with John Allen Jr.
Impossible to ignore Pope’s growing Jewish problem. Pope has inflammation in his lung. Italian femicide epidemic: where’s the Vatican? Pentecostal explosion: African bishops are concerned. Will Pope’s strength return before COP28?
- Pope cancels Dubai trip over health concerns
Pope Francis has cancelled his trip to Dubai for COP28 following his doctors' advice, Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said Tuesday in a statement.
- Burlington leader ‘shocked’ by weekend shooting of Palestinian college students
After three college students of Palestinian descent were shot in Burlington in a potential hate crime, the interim head of the local diocese reminded Catholics that they are called to “become peacemakers in our cities, state and in our world.”
- US, Japanese bishops hail UN summit on prohibiting nukes as ‘journey toward hope’
A cohort bishops have applauded the meeting of nation-states that have formally joined the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons as “another historic step on the journey toward hope, toward the light, toward a world free of nuclear weapons.”
- In wake of killing and arrest, Nigerian prelate blasts blasphemy laws
“No person should be silenced or imprisoned for peacefully sharing their views,” said Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama of the national capital of Abuja.